ELBERTA MUNICIPAL COURT2023-08-14T19:47:45-05:00


Our mission is to provide an efficient Judiciary service to all defendants, attorneys, and law enforcement officers in a courteous, conscientious, and fair manner.


Court begins at 2:00 p.m. with check in starting at 1:45 p.m. on the 2nd Monday of each month. Various traffic citations may be paid directly through the link below prior to the stated court date listed on the citation.

You have the legal right to contest this citation and have a trial before the court. By handling this citation by payment, you understand that you are pleading guilty to this offense and waiving your rights to a trial. You understand that your plea of Guilty will have the same force and effect as a judgment of conviction by the Court. A record of this conviction will be sent to the Driver’s License Division of the Alabama Department of Public Safety (and then to the state in which you are currently licensed to drive, if outside of the state of Alabama).


Elbert Municipal Court has resumed in-person trials and hearings but ONLY individuals with cases set on pre-scheduled dates and times will be admitted in Elberta’s Courtroom. Everyone that enters is required to wear a mask and will be pre-screened for symptoms.

Judge – Honorable Mike Dasinger
Prosecutor – Rob Stankoski
Indigent Attorney – Spencer Davis
Court Clerk – Heather Pittman
Court Magistrate – Karri Pelfrey

The Elberta Municipal court has jurisdiction over misdemeanor traffic cases, misdemeanor criminal cases, and violations of municipal ordinances that occur in the town limits or the police jurisdiction of the Town of Elberta.

The legal authority to bring cases in Elberta Municipal Court is the Code of Alabama mainly Title 32(traffic) and Title 13A(criminal), as adopted by the town ordinance. The adopting ordinances and code sections are enforced in the Municipal Code Book.

You have the legal right to contest any charge and have a trial before the court.

Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Some court actions may require an appointment with the Court Clerk. No court business may be conducted in person on the day of court which is regularly scheduled on the 2nd Monday of each month in order to allow staff to prepare for court. Please make payments online or you will need to come to court on your stated date and time.

Contact Information:

Phone – 251-986-5995

Email –


Infraction Fine Court Costs Total Court Appearance Required
Careless/Reckless Driving Set by Judge 171 n/a Yes
Driving While License Suspended Set by Judge 221 n/a Yes
Driving Without Obtaining A Driver’s License Set by Judge 221 n/a Yes
Expired Tag 25 171 196 No
Failure to Register Vehicle Set by Judge 171 n/a Yes
Improper Lights 20 171 191 No
Improper Passing 20 171 191 No
Insurance Violation Set by Judge 171 n/a Yes
Open Container 25 16 41 No
Running a Stop Sign 20 171 191 No
Seat Belt Violation 25 16 41 No
Speeding 20 171 191 No
  • If you appear in court for an infraction that does NOT require you to come before the Judge these fines can vary. The Judge sets ALL fines in court.
  • Court Costs are subject to change without notice.


  • It is your responsibility to ensure payments are made before your court date.
  • If your citation is delinquent, you are responsible for any late fees associated with this citation.
  • If your citation does not appear payable in advance of court, there may be an appearance required. Call Elberta Municipal Court if you have any questions about online payments call 251-986-5995.


Online Portal:


By Phone: 251-973-6153

To pay by mail:

Elberta Municipal Court

P.O. Box 277

Elberta, AL 36530

To pay in person:

Elberta Town Hall

13052 Main Street

Elberta, AL 36530

The following forms of payment are accepted:

Cash (in person only)

Money order

Visa, Mastercard, or Discover (in person only)

*If pleading guilty, you may pay your citation in full at the time of plea.


When is court held?

The 2nd Monday of every month starting at 2 pm, unless otherwise posted.

After I go to court, will the judge give me time to pay fines, court costs, or restitution?

Payments of fines, court costs, and/or restitution are expected at the time you appear in court and you will be required to pay the fine and court costs at that time. If you need more time to pay, you can request more time from the judge.

Can I reschedule my court appearance?

Call the Elberta Municipal Court at 251-986-5995 to determine if applicable.

How do I know when to appear in court?

The court date, time, and location are listed near the bottom of your citation under the section labeled “Court Appearance Information” or it is noted on your Appearance Bond. If you do not have your paperwork call Elberta Municipal Court to check on your court date and time at 251-986-5995.

How do I plea guilty without going to court?

In certain cases (i.e., minor traffic citations, etc.) the court will allow you to enter your plea before the magistrate and pay fines and court costs. Full payment for all violations and late court fees must be made at the time of plea with the magistrate.

You may also call 251-973-6153 to make a payment over the phone through Govt Portal or on our link

What will happen when I go to Court?

If your case requires a court appearance, you must appear in court on the date listed on your ticket or bond. You will appear before the Honorable Judge Dasinger and enter a plea of guilty or not guilty to the charge.

If you plead guilty, the judge will determine your fine and you will be required to pay the fine and costs of court.

Plead not guilty?

If you plead not guilty, a trial could be held at that time. The Judge has the discretion to set a fine up to $500 and in certain cases up to $5,000 plus cost.

Can someone else come and pay for a ticket for me?

When paying in person, the clerk must witness the defendant’s signature on the Waive of Rights on the back of the ticket.

How can I find out how much my ticket is?

You can reference the chart on our site or call Elberta Municipal Court at 251-986-5995.

If you have a case that requires a court appearance, the municipal judge will set the fine amount in each case he presides over. The Elberta Municipal Court can give you an estimate of court costs.

What are the hours of operation for Elberta Municipal Court?

Monday-Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.

Where is theElberta’s Court Clerks Office located?

Elberta Town Hall -13052 Main Street Elberta, AL 36530- (Physical)

Or PO Box 277 Elberta, AL (Mailing)

What forms of payment are accepted?

Cash, cashier check, money order, and any debit or credit cards. A 4.5% processing fee will be added to any charge made on a debit or credit card. NO PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted.

Why is my license suspended?

If you did not pay your ticket on time or failed to appear to settle your case, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency(ALEA) was notified and suspended your license for failing to appear in court or non-payment. To have your license reinstated, you must first settle the charge(s) against you by contacting Elberta Municipal Court. Then contact the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency(ALEA) at 334-242-4400.

How can I reinstate my driver’s license?

You can contact the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency at 334-242-4400 or your local courthouse, where you obtain a driver’s license.

What information do I need to obtain a warrant against someone?

To seek charges against someone you must file a report with the Elberta Police Department by calling dispatch at 251-947-4010 for more information. If probable cause exists, you will then be referred to the Municipal Court to make an appointment for a probable cause hearing with a magistrate to determine if a warrant will be issued. You should have as much information as possible such as name, date of birth or age, employer and phone number. A warrant CANNOT be obtained without first filing a police report.

Can I drop a warrant?

NO.Once a warrant has been signed, it CANNOT be dropped for any reason. Everyone MUST appear in court to settle the matter.

I was notified that there was a warrant for my arrest. What did I need to do?

To take care of an outstanding warrant, you must turn yourself into the Elberta Police Department at 251-986-5300. After the warrant has been executed, you will be allowed to post a bond and you will be given a court date. You may contact the Elberta Municipal Court at 251-986-5995 to receive specific information about your case.

How can I get a Protection from Abuse Order (PFA) or a restraining order?

A PFA can be obtained through the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s office located in the courthouse in Bay Minette, AL. There is no charge to obtain a PFA. For more information contact the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s office at 251-943-5061.